Strong Concepts Home Page Strong Concepts
TEAPAC Discussion Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

File Pathname Too Long

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Strong Concepts Forum Index -> Program Operation
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Re-Post
from earlier forum

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 12:57 pm    Post subject: File Pathname Too Long Reply with quote

In Teapac, there appears to be a limit of only 64 characters allowed in the directory path and file name. However, our network directory structure always exceeds this limit. As a result, I first work off my hard disk, then later have to move my work to the network for file backup purposes. When I need to work on these files again, I have to pull them from the network and save them back to my hard disk. Not a big deal but I just wanted to find out if there's anyway I can change the 64 character limit.

Cade
Dennis Strong
TEAPAC Author

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 1:00 pm    Post subject: Re: File Pathname Too Long Reply with quote

Cade,

On the network machine, right click the folder you want to use from across the network and select Sharing... then click SharedAs and provide a SharedName. Now on the machine across the network use the Tools menu of Explorer to select Map Network Drive and enter this SharedName as the Path for an available Drive. Now you can use that Drive name instead of your entire path. This should do it for you.
EdnaH

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the same problem. Well, this is not really a big deal but it bothers me. I'm going to give your advice a try this week, I hope that would help me out! Thanks in advance
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Strong Concepts Forum Index -> Program Operation All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: